Leveraging Technology Tools and HRIS Systems to get Actionable Insights from Data (Services Providers’ Perspective)
- Decoding Analytics:
The power of Visualisation and How to create a visual impact using numbers was the essence of this session.
- Major Challenges:
- Reliability of Data: How clean the data is?
- Measurement of Data: What and How to measure?
- Interpretation of Data: How to read and comprehend data.
- Translation of data: Conversion of raw data into meaningful insights to help in workforce analysis.
- Business Need for HR Analytics:
- SMAC: Social Mobile Analytics and Cloud is the latest innovation.
- Standalone HR Data: People buy automated and mechanical systems to understand data better.
- Integration: Lack of a common platform to link data and results.
- Analysis of Data:
Data can be analysed effectively in the following 3 steps:
- Hindsight: What is happening?
- Insight: Why is it happening?
- Foresight: How is it happening?
- Story Boards and its Benefits:
‘Storifying’ data is the art of making sense from data. If we pick a problem statement and then go for its analysis using story boards, it will have the following benefits:
- It’ll show quick improvement.
- Business will align since there is a problem that needs to be solved.
- Implementation will be easier as it’ll have the required support and it’ll ultimately improve the business.
- Maturity Model:
The People Capability Maturity Model (PCMM) is a maturity framework that focuses on continuously improving the management and development of the human assets of an organization.
- How to create impactful data?
To create impactful dashboards, we need to create competition. Competition grabs attention and makes it easier for the HR to get approval from the Business leaders. Benchmarking of the data report against top 3 competitors would provide a threshold limit.
Thus whatever data is being pulled out has to be looked in comparison.